Sunday 24 June 2012

Anticipation

After my first blog post in the early morning hours, when I woke up afterwards the feeling was still heavy upon me. They say the first step is the most difficult, it wasn't , only it was substantial.

The feeling got me thinking and connecting to a certain emotion we call anticipation. Whenever you create something , close to your heart , that you put your feelings into... and you present it to the world, each one goes through the rush of anticipating a response. 


I am feeling the same , anticipating my first readers, the first comments , the first blogger friends :) The feeling led to the inception of this post about designer anticipation - the rush , the excitement , the feeling of being backstage before a show. I share below a pick of pictures that I find expressive and also Chanel's resort 2013 behind the scenes video. It's funny how my favorite part in it is when Karl Lagerfeld is shown strolling through the backdrop - the calm of accomplishment - of being part of something you are proud of !



Photography - Claire Robertson Alexander Mc Queen SS 09  




Jason Wu Resort 2013
 

Left : Thakoon backstage by Kelly Stuart ; Right : Backstage Donna Karan resort 2013


Graduate Fashion Week 2011


Models participate in walk-through befor Tommy Hilfiger Fall/ Winter 2011


Backstage at Jason Wu Spring / Summer 2012


CELEBRATION - Mary Katrantzou

6 comments:

  1. please share your email with me on jasmeen.dugal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasmeen !

    Just sent you a mail ! Thanks so much for commenting. But ya the id is ailawadiswati@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post! I love Jason Wu's neon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Athina!

      To confess, it is my favorite picture too from the lot :)

      Delete
  4. The Jason Wu dress looks fab :) I find Jason Wu/ Prabal Gurung very inspiring!
    Thanks for visiting me see you around!

    Luv, Nyt
    Metajojuana under a Starry Nyt

    ReplyDelete